My essay- In what ways might have film and theatre had an impression on politics over the world over the past century?
Possible areas to research so that I can write my essay
- Which political films have been banned in Europe?
- Which political films have been banned in the rest of the world?
- After looking through films that have been banned, which countries have banned the most political films?
- Which factors could have contributed to this?
- At what point in the 20th century did was politics able to make a greater impression through theatre?
- What effect did this have on audiences?
- Has my previous viewings had any influence on this subject?
- For film and theatre, would it be possible to conclude that it is harder for audiences to be controlled with the political plays or films they are able to watch?
Possible places to begin to look (research) for the information I need to be able to answer my question
- I could create a survey asking questions on if they have watched any films or plays involving politics and if they had any strong views on it which they may not have had before- this could help with questions 6 and 8.
- Look at reviews that I have written in the past about plays, such as the Threepenny Opera when I first watched it- this could help with question 7.
- Looking at websites which have details on the 1968 Theatre Act which abolished censorship in theatres- this can help with questions 5 and 6.
- YouTube videos which have lists of controversial political films that have once been or are banned- this can help with questions 1,2 and 3.
- After researching countries who have banned films, I could look at history books, such as Germany in World War 2, as they may have banned films released about Nazi Germany- this can help with question 4.